The Two Legged Project Arrives

Many of you readers will know that we’ve been eagerly/impatiently/nervously awaiting the arrival of our baby.

When the Beast from the East hit the UK at the beginning of March I was put under house arrest … just in case. But we crossed our fingers that we wouldn’t have a middle of the night rush to hospital in all the snow.

We didn’t. And I filled my time writing blog posts and scheduling them over the next couple of weeks.

Six days after the due date, with us both getting increasingly impatient, we welcomed the arrival of our little girl, Mallory Jill, who bounced into the world at 6.29am on Sunday 11th March.

It’s safe to say that I had my comeuppance for having the world’s most straightforward pregnancy with a long and painful labour. But everyone likes a good story don’t they! I won’t divulge the details for those of you of a sensitive nature.

Anyway, we’ve definitely got our hands full, as Mallory is already very alert, very hungry and not very sleepy!

I will be off work for a few weeks, so may well be lacking in blog inspiration, let alone time to write, as we find our feet as parents, so I’m afraid readers, the Rubber Curry Comb will be a bit quiet over the next few weeks. But don’t worry, there will be a Phoenix update when the saddler has been and I’ve ridden her! And of course some photos of when we introduce the horses to little Mallory.

6 thoughts on “The Two Legged Project Arrives

1. Jen Mar 17, 2018 / 9:23 pm

Congratulations!!! Mallory is absolutely adorable!! And so alert already.. wow!! You’re going to have your hands full!!

• therubbercurrycomb Mar 17, 2018 / 9:27 pm

I know! Someone told me newborns are like amoebas and don’t do anything, but she’s already lifting her head and shoulders up and looking around at everything! 🙈

• Jen Mar 17, 2018 / 9:30 pm

Awww that’s so cute!! It sounds like she’s going to be a curious, outgoing, and fun loving kiddo! Enjoy every minute!

2. Alison Mar 17, 2018 / 11:01 pm

Congratulations Suzy! If you need inspiration for a blog while you’re not teaching I’d love to see something on the use of the thigh. I wasted years thinking that “leg” meant calf, and now I’ve learned to use my thigh my riding is progressing much faster!

3. Tracy Mar 17, 2018 / 11:13 pm

Congratulations!! She’s beautiful 😄

4. Niamh Mar 18, 2018 / 2:01 am

Many congratulations and welcome to the world of parenthood. It will keep you guessing for years to come! Enjoy your time with your newborn. The nights are long but the tears really are short.